Monday, February 8, 2010

INITIAL D SERIES (Part I) - Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86 - Hotworks Racing

Anyone who is interested in drifting should know the existence of a popular Japanese manga from Shuichi Shigeno - Initial D. I'm not a fan of manga so chose to watch the anime series instead, ended up going crazy for Initial D. Although it's an animation, I find that the story and action are pretty realistic... perhaps the author used real-life vehicles to deliver the story... and I have so much respect for these vehicles whenever I see them on the roads!

Photobucket

Gonna begin my Initial D collection series with this famous tofu car driven by Takumi Fujiwara - the AE86. This is a 1/24 scale diecast model from Hotworks Racing as I couldn't find a proper 1/18 scale Initial D model at that time. Since it's from Hotworks Racing, expect changable parts from a normal Trueno to the Initial D tuned version. The image below shows the differences between a normal Trueno and Takumi's car (Series 1 & 2) after conversion.

Photobucket
http://www.hotworksracing.com/die-cast/product/content_images/b-a-a_14a_white.jpg

And yes... carbon fibre bonnet is included! ^_^

Initial D Series (Part I) - the tofu car AE86
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. nice photos it look's like the real car....specially the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well taken. Love your composition. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys for stepping by... glad you like the shots! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shots. I'm also a big Initial D fan, I was wondering if you could share where you got this model. It seems to be out of stock at the manufacturer's site.

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! This may interest you: http://yohohon.blogspot.com/2011/11/cheap-initial-d-diecast-low-cost.html

    ReplyDelete